Sunday, January 23, 2005

Back in School like Rodney Dangerfield

Have I ever told you I hate waiting tables? Well, I do. After a month in Charleston, SC, in warm weather, I returned to Louisville, Kentucky and was greeted with snow. We started classes on Wednesday and I had Introduction to Old Testament II with Dr. Garrett and then Written Communication. O.T. was kind of boring was we talked about the historical background and empires that existed during the time before the book of Daniel. Written Communication is a class I have to take b/c my English grade from college wasn't good enough. So, I have to endure almost 2 hours of that a week. Thursday afternoon, I had Elementary Hebrew for the first time with Dr. Fentress. He preached to us in class about the importance of an Old Testament Foundation and being able to read the Bible in the original language. It made a lot of sense. It will probably be one of the toughest classes I take here at school but the most beneficial. I worked at On the Border here Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. Of course, it had its bad moments but I made some much needed dinero. Today, I went to church at Ninth and O Baptist Church with two of my friends. One of the guys that rode with uds sat on the row behind us at church. Evidently, he has some sort of prayer language or something and he was making these drum beat sounds with his mouth the whole church service. My friends and I were about to bust out laughing so I decided that I needed to move if I was going to be able to pay attention. It was a good message from Dr. Cook. I am watching the Falcons-Eagles game now and looking forward to my Systematic Theology and New Testament classes tomorrow. More to come.

No comments: