Monday, March 19, 2007

Updates on Life

I have worked the past four nights at Yamato's (Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon) making some much needed cash. Tonight, BILL MURRAY walked in to our restaurant. We were freaking. He has to be one of the best actors around in the past twenty years. I mean think about it : Ghostbusters, Stripes, Caddyshack, Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums, What About Bob, Groundhog Day, Lost in Translation, and Kingpin.....not to mention Saturday Night Live. I did not get to meet him but regardless I think he deserves his fame and since he lives here may one day meet him even though we shouldn't get all worked up about celebrities. That is a whole different soapbox.

Saturday - In England, Manchester United drilled Bolton again, this time 4-1!

Sunday - My outdoor team ties Hampton Park FC unfortunately. I had an assisted goal called back for a push. I accidently handled the ball in the box but the ref did not call it. I tripped a guy on his way to goal and received a yellow card. In the second half, their lone forward elbowed me in the nose and blood began to flow. The ref told me to go off but I told him I was fine. Then, the same guy elbowed another guy on my team. The referee showed him yellow and pointed to me as being the first victim and my blood. The guy called the Ref ignorant or something of the sort and he then received a red card and an early shower. That made it 11 vs 9 as they were already short a man due to not having enough players. We should have won. The next game is Sunday at 3 I believe against the Old Peculiars at the Charleston Battery Practice Field, the day after the MLS teams play next door.

Monday - Like I said, Bill Murray came into our sushi bar at the restaurant. A few months ago, it was Michael Jordan. Who will it be next? We have also had Mark Bryan from Hootie and the Blowfish often stop in.

Thursday - I will hopefully be making the short trip to Charlotte with some friends to see the amazing band Mute Math for the 5th time in 4 different states. Check them out at http://www.myspace.com/mutemath

So long................

2 comments:

SoulfulSinger said...

wow Del... a lot of celebrities there. Where are you exactly now?

jimmy (dge.y.m.ie) said...

i guess that i really let you down on the mutemathness. but i still love you.