Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's Been A While...

Christmas Eve 2009
Surrey, England

No, I am not Cameron Diaz in the hit movie The Holiday. I moved here last month for work and will be here until October 2010. It is quite a change from the south of France. I do like being able to speak English with everyone but it is still difficult at times with their accent and mine. There is also a different vocabulary. I already found out one word that I should not say here that is not bad in the USA.

Being Christmas time, it is harder being away from home. I made the decision not to go home due to money and also to get situated here and make the most of my time. It is cool living this close to London but unfortunately the small town I live in shuts down most nights at 6pm.

So, on a brighter note, I watched my favorite movie "A Christmas Story" tonight as it used to be a tradition with my brother and sister. It would be on TBS for 24 hours this time of year.

I will try and be better about posting. Miss you all.

God bless you, each and every one!

2 comments:

The Boys and Me said...

Merry Christmas, Del!

The Kilcoynes said...

Merry Christmas, Del. You may not live in the south of France anymore, but you are not forgotten. Claire's Ken doll got a new sweatshirt and athletic pants. Guess who she thought her doll looked like??!!!