Thursday, April 28, 2005

Stressed Out!

Wow! We only have two more days of class. I am so stressed out. I am trying to pay my bills, finish teaching at Evangel, raise support for my missions trip, figure out the living arrangements for next year, figure out where I will work next semester, where I will live this summer, where I will work this summer, make some money so that I am not poor all the time and finish all my school work. I think being poor is good though even though it is stressful because it makes you rely on God more. I was having some trouble with tithing since I was hardly making any money and needed every penny. One Sunday recently I was convicted and gave some money to a para church ministry. The next day I got a check in my hand for the same amount I gave. I was pretty amazed at how God had worked. So, it is just daily trusting in God to provide and I know that He will. I need to remember that He sees things differently than I see them most times with need and importance.

Today was my firs time at chapel in a while because I always teach when we have chapel. Dr. Scroggins spoke on the Great Commission and how we live this out. It was very, very challenging. Click here to listen to the sermon from today (it is at the bottom of the page - 4/28/05). We were also commissioned for all the mission trips this summer. We leave in about 2 weeks.

1 comment:

John said...

I will have to check out the chapel talk by Scroggins. Just a few days left of school man...stay strong!