Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Becoming French...

4 Days In the City!

It has been quite an adjustment for me being here in
Marseille, France. I have been staying with an
amazing family. They have been showing me around and
driving me some places. So far, I have been able to
see a lot of the city and look at an apartment. Katie
and I went to the soccer game last night for somewhat
cheap. Olympique de Marseille played Valenciennes and
won 3-1. The crowd went nuts. It was quite the first
experience.

Tomorrow, I have to go to town hall and do some
paperwork so I hope that goes well. I may have to
stand in line for a while. Then, hopefully on
Thursday I will sign the lease for my apartment and by
next week be moving in there. The girls (Katie and
Courtney) have gotten their apartment also near me but
Courtney is not here yet and Katie will be moving in
soon. So, things are coming together.

For language, once Courtney gets here, we will have a
French tutor to help us learn the language quickly. I
have been able to pick up a little bit and use it to
get by at the store, restaurant, and such. Thank you
for your prayers and keeping me and my team here in
your thoughts. Hopefully, in the next couple of
weeks, things will settle down and I can start meeting
people and building relationships to share the Good
News! More to come soon.

No comments: