Sunday, August 03, 2008

Paris - July 14 - Bastille Day

It has been a while since I have blogged with pictures.  Katie, Courtney, and I have been in Massy, France for the past three weeks.  Massy is located just south of Paris.  We arrived in Paris just two days before their big national holiday.  This is on July 14th and is just like our 4th of July celebration.  I slept in that day avoiding the big parade and all the crowds and went in that afternoon to see the Arc de Triomphe, the concert at the Tour Eiffel and then the big fireworks (feu d'artifice) show.  Here are some of the pictures (captions below pics):


under the Arc de Triomphe with the France and Euro flags

still under the Arc with soldiers standing guard, reminded me of D.C.

the Tour Eiffel as seen from the top of the Arc de Triomphe

French rednecks riding around the Roundabout at the Arc on ATVs with flags on their backs.

Me standing facing the Arc with the Champs-Élysées behind me.

Arc de Triomphe

Arc de Triomphe again

Arc de Triomphe 3 (it's a trilogy)


Arc from the side (cool view)


sitting at the Tour Eiffel for the concert

the concert in front of me but it kind of stunk - apart from James Blunt

a reporter standing on a box for some height (funny)





I will try and add the videos I took with the Tour Eiffel and the fireworks.  



1 comment:

The Kilcoynes said...

great pics. love the one of the arc! (and the reporter) (and the ones of you, too!)