Thursday, September 25, 2008

Absentee Ballot Arrives....and more

A few weeks ago, I took the initiative and sent off a form to request my absentee ballot.  Some people have told me that it will not make a difference.  I am very proud to be an American and think that the right to vote is amazing.  I do not want to take this for granted.  Someone also told me that they might not even count the absentee ballots.  Maybe it will take one close election and then people will finally see that every vote counts.  That is one area where Democrats have a hard time because there are a lot more Democrats who don't care about voting than Republicans. I think I am right about this but maybe not.  

I saw this on the internet the other day.  "Around 6 million U.S. voters live overseas. Democrats Abroad said that only around 1 million voted in the 2004 election."


American football practice went great this week.  We started working on practicing the plays and I have had a tough time with this part.  It is hard enough trying to learn all the plays but to learn them in French is even harder and then to try and understand what the quarterback is calling out and think about it.  But, there were only two of us receivers that stepped up and ran the plays with the offense so it looks good for me and Brice to be the starters but who knows.  Tomorrow, I am going to get my license to play and pick up my pads and helmet and stuff.  Who would have thought I would be doing this?  Life is full of surprises!

Here is my favorite soccer player in the world on Sesame Street - David Beckham and Elmo.



I am glad to see that Major League Soccer (MLS) is getting better and better. This is the Los Angeles Galaxy going to play the Chicago Fire outside of Chicago in a sold out game. Great highlights!!!  If you watch it, click on the higher quality video beneath the video box.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

VOTE

VOTE

VOTE!!!!

EVERYONE needs to vote!!!!!!!!!!!!

elmo is so cute...i wish he was real!