Sunday, August 28, 2005

Hold On, It Gets Better

Crazy Times. I have so much reading to catch up on. Right now, I am reading Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands. It is a book for my Pastoral Care class.

Paul David Tripp writes, "Every aspect of my existence was meant to be filled with the glory of God. Everything I think, every decision I make, every word I speak was meant to be shaped by a humble acknowledgement of his claim on my life. I was created to live for his glory. As we've seen, every human life pursues some kind of glory. It it is not the glory of God, it will be some kind of earthbound pseudo-glory."

It was again a busy week. We had 5 high school soccer games in 8 days thanks to the Colt Cup and our regular shedule of games. We ended up getting clobbered by big schools 6-0 and scores like that. Friday night we got our first win 5-0 over Ft. Knox. IT felt good as a coach. Saturday morning was thrilling. We were down 3-0 after sitting some starters due to their tardiness. We came back to make it 3-2. Then, the referee blatantly didn't call like 3 handballs and one or two of them were in the box. We should have won and but it was good to see them fight back like that. IT was so exciting!

Classes are going well. I am starting to pick up on the Greek better and better. I have to remember though that "Every day is Greek day."

I want to recommend this new band from Louisville that I heard of. They are EAST 146. They are playing next Sunday at Rock the Water Tower from 2:45 - 3:30. Here is the link. http://rockthewatertower.com/

Here is what they sound like! http://www.myspace.com/east146

Later.

2 comments:

Russ said...

Del,

You are making me want to coach! I have always loved the thought of coaching. I'm sure you are eating it up.

We have gotta play some soccer sometime! I am dog AWFUL, but maybe you can help me develop some skills.

Donna S. said...

Tripp's book is one of my favorites - I'm glad to hear that more people outside of the counseling program are reading it.. have a great semester and keep that that Greek!

-Donna