Monday, August 22, 2005

Pink Floyd lyrics

I was listening to my Pink Floyd Echoes Cds. Here are a few lines from the song "Comfortably Numb."

"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown,
The dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb."

I love Pink Floyd for their prodding into humanity. They really dig deep into the human mind, heart, and life in general. I wish I knew where they were coming from and maybe what their youth was like. It really is great music. I highly recommend checking it out. I especially recommend their cd, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON.

2 comments:

Julia Neubauer said...

Hey!
Just got your message on my blog (http://aicaustria.blogspot.com) and wanted to let you know that we're a group of students who founded a home for street children in India. All of us are living in the US or Canada but since I'm originally from Austria I wrote this blog to inform people there (so the page is in German). If you're interested in the project you could check out www.ashrayainitiative.org or the English blog at http://ashraya.blogspot.org
My e-mail is ju_in_india@yahoo.com if you would like more detailed info about who we are and what we do!
Cheers, Julia

Mr. B said...

okay dude. seriously. are you an alien? because, "I like how Pink Floyd has human lyrics" and "I wish I knew where they were coming from" don't mix. C'mon Del, don't give away the fact that you are "different" so easily. Just kidding man. Miss ya. Hope you are well.