Thursday, June 26, 2008

June Has Flown By

As I wrote before, I went to Paris this month for the first time.  It was beautiful.  Then, I got to follow that up with a trip to Rome, Italy.  I joined up with a Christian soccer team there and was able to play/minister with them and the churches there.  The idea was hopefully be able to bring a team here sometime next year in this same fashion and play some of the local teams.  We will see what happens with this.  Our city is very athletic and outdoorsy.  Now that it is summer, people are everywhere.  Most of them are at the beach.  

I will add some pictures from Paris and Rome on here in  a short while. 

Next week, there are several people coming to visit us.  My missions pastor and his wife are coming to stay with me and I am really excited to host them.  

ALSO, the EURO 2008 is going on!  Hopefully, this is not news to you.  This is probably the second biggest football tournament in the world behind the World Cup.  Germany is already in the FINAL and will face the winner of tonight's game (Spain or Russia).  I am hoping for a Germany-Russia final because they are the two most attacking sides.  Spain's last game against Italy left a lot to be desired.  

This week I did a study on Psalm 1.  This is a psalm I have studied before but it is very deep.  It is a great introduction to the Psalms.  I listened to John Pipers latest sermon on it as well and he did a good job.  It talks about not walking or following the ways of the wicked but meditating on God's word so that we can be planted like a tree and not blown away like chaff.  The more and more I have been thinking and reflecting on it, it really challenges and humbles me.  What is shaping me?  God's Word?  Or other things?

1 comment:

Caroline said...

excellent question!!!!!