(l to r) Nick Crossland, Adam Criswell. They are from my home church. I ran into them inside the Louvre museum after they could not get in touch with me. How crazy is that?!?!?!
David Crowder mulling around before Passion Paris. He was putting some French phrases into his Blackberry so he could better communicate with the crowd. He was great as always. He really made an effort!
We packed the house out and surpassed the number of people we had expected!
All the volunteers sitting on the stairs before the event.
Myself and some other volunteers from Texas! They were a great group of folks!
Getting my fill of Starbucks while I am in Paris. We don't have one in Marseille. Prayer walking will really take it out of you. Caramel Frapuccinos are the bestest!
David Crowder mulling around before Passion Paris. He was putting some French phrases into his Blackberry so he could better communicate with the crowd. He was great as always. He really made an effort!
We packed the house out and surpassed the number of people we had expected!
All the volunteers sitting on the stairs before the event.
Myself and some other volunteers from Texas! They were a great group of folks!
Getting my fill of Starbucks while I am in Paris. We don't have one in Marseille. Prayer walking will really take it out of you. Caramel Frapuccinos are the bestest!Monday, June 2nd
Myself and 5 others took the TGV train from Marseille up to Paris. This would be my first experience with the famed "TGV"! It is supposedly the fastest train in the world and goes around 300 km/hr I think. We got into Paris and spent some time with our friend who lives there. Not much else to say.
Tuesday, June 3rd
I woke up early in the morning and headed out to try and navigate my way through the crazy Paris metro system. Somehow I found my way to the Maison de la Mutualite and was one of the first ones there. The day turned out to be totally different than what we thought it would be. Passion did not expect so many volunteers and there was not enough work for all of us. So, most of us wandered around the city until later that afternoon when we received our job assignments. I met a great group of people from a church in Texarkana, Texas. I was able to drink a lot of Starbucks and prayer walk at the Sorbonne and Pantheon and other student gathering spots.
For the big event, Katie and I were assigned to work in the balcony. People were not allowed upstairs until the bottom part of the auditorium was filled. It filled up quickly and soon we were overwhelmed with students. There was also a section for Special Guests. I was able to see Mary Pierce, the French Open tennis champion. She shared her testimony during the event. It was so amazing to be there. Chris Tomlin was great! Matt Redman was okay. David Crowder Band blew the place up!! I was so elated to be in the midst of so many French believers worshipping God! God gave me even more of a heart for the French people as I saw those who were there giving praise to him with their lips and their lives.
Wednesday, June 4th
Our team met at Breakfast in America to talk about the event. I had some great French toast and a delicious Dr. Pepper. Courtney and I then went to the Louvre museum. It was so amazing but I did not spend as much time there as I should have. Long story short, I had two friends in Paris from my home church but they lost my phone number.
As I was walking in the Louvre museum, I walked right into them and was blown away to see them in such a huge museum on that specific day in such a huge city!!!!!!!!! With Adam's amazing sense of direction and mapping skills, we saw a ton of stuff in only a few hours. More pictures to come......
1 comment:
THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO GLAD TO READ THIS AND TO SEE THESE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHUT UP YOU WERE LIKE INCHES FROM DAVID CROWDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING THAT YOU RAN INTO YOUR FRIENDS AND YOU MET TEXAS PEOPLE!!!!!!! i love texas people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment