Today, I returned to my second home, Louisville. It is affectionately called "the Ville." I flew from Charleston to New York La Guardia airport (of all places) and then to Louisville. I have never been to New York before so I was blown away to see the city from the air. It was cool, believe me! I met a lawyer on the second flight and got to talk a little about spiritual things. He is Methodist but evidently has some disagreements with the church or Christianity but we didn't get to go any deeper and also chatted about soccer and his son that plays. Well, back to the past week. After returning from India, I spent about a week in Charleston, SC. I went to my sister's high school graduation even though I was half asleep from 2 days of flying. Sorry Stephanie. The next day I went to the beach at Isle of Palms (my home). It was beautiful!
Sunday was by far the best day of the summer most likely. I went to East Cooper Baptist and saw many dear friends. I was also invited to hang out with some of the kids that were in the youth group a couple of years ago. After a great lunch at my favorite eatery, THE KICKIN CHICKEN, we went to the Old Village and spent the entire day on the dock. I saw some old friends and made some new ones. I got burned pretty bad. We played touch football with me as all time QB and Zach Brown opened up the stitches in his hand when I threw him the ball. I found out that Ru Ru and Logan are two different people. Also, that Barrett and Mary Catherine are not related. After dinner, Barrett walked at low tide all the way to the buoy and scared the boats away. He soon returned with a "story" that he had seen the dolphins we saw but there was also a shark. Sure there was...
Monday I visited Adam Criswell in the hospital and visited my friend Suzanne. Later, before loooking and looking for the dirt hill in the directions I found out how awesome the Birthday Cake ice cream is at Marble Slab. A good news voicemail from Wes. While driving home, I received a phone call... Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday it rained the entire time. I had some good meeting with amazing people who supported me and had great times catching up with them while telling them about our amazing trip.
NOW, I am in my new house with my 2 roommates until the other 2 move in. It is a great place. We are really going to have a great year. Tomorrow is turning out to be YARD DAY I think. We are going to fix it up and hunt for wabbits. There are rabbits everywhere here. Every time we walk outside we see one. That is all I can think of for now. I will get the pictures up soon. Also, the picture of Jeff Foxworthy and I is forthcoming.
Thursday, June 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Del! Thanks for checking out my blog and telling me that you did. :-) Michael and Amber are so awesome--I'm sad I don't see them more often. Well, you take care, as well.
Joyfully His,
Whitney
Post a Comment