Saturday, June 18, 2005

Nothing New

It is really good being home. I have met some cool new people that are new to the On the Border restaurant. We have had some good conversations about Jesus and religion in general. I was encouraged to meet a new guy at work that is a Christian as well. Tomorrow night is the indoor soccer game. I will try to post some pictures. The team I joined is about 75% Mexican and we are really good.

The U.S. under 20 soccer team has advanced to the next round of the World Championships (in Germany) after winning their group with a win over Egypt and Argentina, and a tie with Germany.

Well, it has been about 2 or 3 weeks since I quit caffeine and have started eating better and getting in shape. I am all about it now. I drink a lot of water and Gatorade, run almost every day, do pushups and situps, and no more fast food (for now). I have really enjoyed reading My Utmost for His Highest again. I am also reading slowly several other books. Connecting by Larry Crabb, God's Greater Glory by Bruce Ware, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (a little out of place I know), and The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan. I want to know what you are up to if you read this. Let me know!

Del-ectable out

2 comments:

Michael and Amber Vestal said...

Del,
Glad to hear the updates. For now I'll just mention that I'm a big fan of Pilgrim's Progress, I've been curious about Hitch-hikers' Guide to the Galaxy, and currently I'm reading Ethics, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer and On Paradise Drive, by David Brooks.

We'll try to update our own site soon.

Love you, bro.

Nick Nye said...

hey Del

Dude, one time I wish I had a TV so I could watch soccer. Too bad you're not here to watch it with. See ya soon

nick