Sunday, February 06, 2005

Fun By Any Other Name Isn't Fun

This past week has been good bad. After arriving safely home from the icestorm in Atlanta, I resumed my studies. It was a good week of classes, soccer, and saving money. I am trying to stay in shape by playing basketball and soccer (the greatest sport God gave us) as much as possible. Work was horrible this week. I won't go into details. I will quote a friend as saying, "I wouldn't wish the Food and Beverage Industry on anyone." Enough said. I miss family, friends, and CHARLESTON but Lousville is still good. Saturday night at work I was able to see my good friend and classmate from El Cid, Skipper Owens. Seeing an old friend made my night and the girls that cheered me up at table 103. Today, upon returning to the dorm, I was depressed because seminary life is perfect for learning but not for fun. I have to say that everyone that I know except for a few folks do not know how to have fun anymore. Some of them may have had fun in the past but have decided to forego these things to read from 8am to 8pm. Some may read this and be offended. If you are offended, so be it. I do believe though that there is a balance to life. Yes, you can have fun while you are in seminary! Yo pienso que necesito algunos amigos y amigas que le gustan divertir. I understand that we need to be reading and all that stuff but if you don't ever leave campus and do anything fun...you will be burnt out. You have to be able to converse with the outside world. I could go on and on about this but I will stop. I want to congratulate my favorite team Manchester United on their win over Birmingham 2-0. Hopefully, Chelsea lost today to Manchester City but I doubt it. Today is the Super Bowl. I don't really care who wins but I will watch it. Please be praying for me if you read this. I am trying to decide if I can go to India this summer or may go somewhere else. Thanks. God bless you.

Project 86 - "Safe Haven"
"I'm just a stranger here, despite your everything
I'm not attached to your world of disease
Like father always said, and I can only agree
Son they will hate you because they always hated me
And even though I feel alone
I know that I could never be

If it's a choice between this veil of ecstasy
And all the lonely suffering of seeing this so clearly
If I've said it once I'll say it twice I'll say it for all eternity
I'll find all the comfort that I need inside this bleeding
And even though I feel alone
You know that I could never be

Nobody knows
Nobody cares
Nobody sees outside our safe haven (2x)

Together we are so, so ugly with rejection
But to our, our eyes we, we're the ones shimmering
I've unplugged the wires from your spine
At first you'll be afraid
But we will be so content
And we
Will live.
Again

And we will live again
(Alone and so content)
And we will live again
(Alone and so content)

Just crawl across this desert heat
And become tragic with me
And now that we are not alone
You know that we could never be

Nobody knows
Nobody cares
Nobody sees outside our safe haven (2x)
And we will live again
(Alone and so content)
And we will live again
(Alone and so content)"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said!