Thursday, February 17, 2005

Prayer Needed

When I arrived at the school where I teach this morning at 8am, I found out that the father of one of my students had committed suicide yesterday. So, please pray for Neil and his mother and sister and all. I don't know the kid well but we had a good discussion yesterday in class due to our common love of soccer. We all went to chapel and prayed for him and his family. Suicide is one of the most baffling things I can think of. I just can not wrap my mind around it. It just reminds me that we need to be encouraging everyone around us that we can. We never know what someone is going through.

"Dear friends, I am not writing a new commandment, for it is an old one you have always had, right from the beginning. This commandment-- to love one another -- is the same message you heard before. Yet it is also new. This commandment is true in Christ and is true among you, because the darkness is disappearing and the true light is already shining." 1 John 7-8

No comments: