Sunday, October 23, 2005

"Going to the Show" poem I wrote

Going to the Show

Driving through the Hoosier state,
Drove through Gnaw Bone,
Bathroom out of order,
Waiting in line,
Will we get in?
By any means possible,
Yes

New friends,
The love of music,
Knowing all the words,
Feeling no fear of what people think,
Being close enough to touch,
Drumstick slip,
Crazy energy,
Feeling Happy,
Beautiful Surrender

Garage band,
Can’t understand him,
What is he saying,
Loud noise,
Not music

Mae I love you,
It is a pun,
Guitar in my face,
Wishing I knew the words,
People pushing,
Going to the back,
Hanging with new friends,
It is late,
Taco run,
Here’s to memories
And Mtn. Dew

3 comments:

Donna S. said...

Heavy, man... heavy. *dons a black beret and applauds by snapping her fingers*

Anonymous said...

Nice Del. I wrote a song about driving through Indiana once, it was mostly about it smelling funny and me being ready to get to Illinois and be home...so really your poem is much nicer. Anyway, I liked it. Nice job.

Jonathan said...

heeeeeyyyyy, wait a minute... STATE doesn't rhyme with BONE!