Thursday, October 20, 2005

Last Night was Amazing......

Yesterday, Michael and I drove the 100 miles to Bloomington, Indiana. After driving through Gnaw Bone, Indiana, we arrived on the campus of Indiana University and were blown away. It is really nice. We soon found the all ages music club called Rhino's and saw a long, long, long line outside waiting. Most of them were there to see the headline band Mae. We immediately decided to forego dinner and find a parking spot to get in the line. We soon figured out that after making the long drive, we might not even get in. There were so many people there being a college town and all. They were telling some people they probably would not get in. Let's just say I found a friend who was able to help us. We got right up front as well. Everything was all good. Then, we met some guys from Purdue and talked to them about the bands. They had never heard of The Working Title and we told them they were awesome as they soon came to find out. The Working Title was awesome. They rocked out with some of their new songs and the older ones as well. I felt like I was back in Charleston. It was good.

Wait, it got better. Next, Mute Math came on stage. Many people did not know who they were as well. I had seen them at Ichthus Festival and in downtown Louisville both in the spring. Twice in one week. We were situated last night right in front of the drummer. He is an amazing high energy drummer. He wears headphones and duct-tapes them to his head. The very first song, Chaos, he lost his grip on the drumstick and it flew into me and another guy. We decided to hand it back to him. It all worked out good b/c at the end he gave me one anyway.

The third band was Circa Survive. Who? Circa Survive. Who? Well, I had heard their songs on myspace and they sounded pretty good. They came out with an amazing guitarist and a lead singer with pretty good vocals. Unfortunately, you couldn't hear a single word he said. I don't know if it was the club's sound tech crew or what. To quote Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

The last band was Mae. They were awesome. Unfortunately, I didn't know as many of the words to their songs as I did to Working Title and Mute Math. The lead singer kept jumping on the box in front of me and playing guitar in my face which was cool. I kept wanting to play a cord. I decided I probably shouldn't.

SO, BASICALLY, it was the best concert I have been to ALL YEAR, besides ICHTHUS.

For those of you who still do not know, THE WORKING TITLE is the BEST. And I am not just saying that because I know them and they are from my hometown.

Check it out for real this time. http://www.theworkingtitle.com/ and http://www.myspace.com/theworkingtitle

I am working on getting some pictures.

Here is some video of the awesome drummer whose drumstick I got. http://www.myspace.com/mutemath watch the reset video by scrolling down.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Cool. I wish I coulda gone. Years ago, a good friend of mine was always telling me about Mae and how they were gonna get big one day (they were a bunch of his best friends) and I was always like "whatever" everyone thinks that. It's neat to see their name again, and to hear that you enjoyed them. Cool. Next time take me.

Jeannine said...

this is kinda random, but i saw mute math play in athens last spring...they were decent.