Sunday, October 02, 2005

Top Movies You Picked

Here are the top movies that you picked based on the votes:

6 votes : Braveheart and Lord of the Rings (most people picked Return of the King)

4 votes: Cinderella Man and Forrest Gump

3 votes : Hoosiers

Those with 2 votes : Gladiator, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, The Shawshank Redemption, Father of the Bride, Dumb and Dumber, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Count of Monte Cristo (great book), Remember the Titans, and the Godfather.

Those with 1 vote: Rudy, Good Will Hunting, Last Samurai, Tombstone, The Patriot, Back to the Future, Christmas Vacation, Prefontaine, The Sandlot, The Truman Show, The Matrix, The Man Who Knew Too Little, Miracle, Home Alone, French Kiss, Spirited Away, Baseketball, Bio Dome, Stand By Me, Fargo, Batman Begins, Unbreakable, The Transformers, Gremlins 2, Old School, The Mighty Ducks, Anchorman, Fever Pitch, Vertigo, Ikiru, Donnie Darko, The Empire Strikes Back, Anne of Green Gables, The Notebook, Signs, Garden State, Les Miserables, My Best Friend’s Wedding, Pirates of the Caribbean, Karate Kid, Saving Private Ryan, Hotel Rwanda, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Martin Luther, Goonies, Pride and Prejudice, The Great Dictator, Deliverance, Tin Cup, Pay It Forward, Dead Calm, The Sound of Music, The Green Mile.

http://us.imdb.com/chart/top

8 comments:

Jonathan said...

I think we should recount, I think there were some hanging chads.

And while you're at it, I'll put in 16 more votes for Sense and Sensibility.

12strings.blogspot.com

J. C. Ashby said...

So help me...if this is a bashing comment about Sense and Sensibility, I will hunt you down, sit on you, and read you Jane Austen exerpts until you speak the era's native language! I LOVE SENSE AND SENSIBILITY!!!

:)

By the way... Hey, Del! Did you put Last of the Mohicans into the running? It is two hours of AWESOMENESS! The music is great, the cinematography is stupendous...and watching Daniel Day-Lewis impersonate a Native American is DEFINITELY time well spent.

(Swoon...)

Jonathan said...

Hmmm.... but that's coming from someone who LOVES sense and sensibility...

j/k J.wo :)

Anonymous said...

Came across your site via a link from another SBTS student's and would like to add "Secondhand Lions" and "Ocean's Eleven".

Jonathan said...

Del,

Check out the post I put up about Victoria's Secret.

Anonymous said...

Del, what's your opinion of "Bend It Like Beckham" ?

Del said...

Jen,
Last of the Mohicans is a pretty good movie. It has been a while. I need to watch it again.

Anon,
I liked Bend It Like Beckham but I like to affectionately refer to it as My Big Fat Hindu Wedding. It is not really about Beckham at all and sometimes not that much about soccer. But, it is okay. I do own it. If you want to see a good soccer movie, watch Fever Pitch (the original) from which they adapted the new baseball movie. It was originally a book written by Nick Hornsby I think. His whole life revolves around this soccer team (Arsenal) and when they are losing, his life is not going well. He remembers events in his life landmarked by Arsenal games.

Charley & Marianne said...

OK....I guess it's too late to vote, but I'm checking out blogs and came upon yours....so....I would have voted for "Shawshank Redemtion!" Great movie!!!

By the way....my wife and I are full time IMB missionaries in Albania! If you want to know how I found your blog....then check mine out and I'll tell you :-)