Wednesday, May 14, 2008

He's Back!!!!!

I sincerely apologize for my lack of blogging.  There was a time a few years ago at seminary when I used to blog a lot more and I think people actually read it.  Well, things have been "crazy" here as I didn't have internet for a while and sometimes just had a hard time trying to write out coherently things I was thinking about.  

Something funny happened to me last week.  Well, it was funny at the time but you might not think so.  I went into the city to play football (soccer) with some friends.  While standing around and trying to get a game, some guys asked me if I wanted to play.  Then, one guy finally asked me if I spoke English since I was struggling with my French so much.  It turns out it was a Brit and an Australian.  So the Brit says, "Man, we have a coalition of the willing here to play tonight!"  Because we were all in French trying to play soccer and we were American, British, and Australian....Get it?  Moving on......

Other news:  I have been growing my hair out.  It has been a change.   Someone even said I look like Dave Grohl.  Do you know who that is?  Well, I took it as a compliment.  He is probably one of the greatest drummers of all time.  He was the drummer for Nirvana before starting his own band called the Foo Fighters.  He plays lead guitar and sings for his band but occasionally plays drums.  There are some videos of him on youtube.

I am taking the TGV (fast) train on June 2nd up to Paris for the big Passion World Tour stop the next day!!  I am really looking forward to it especially after trying to drive to One Day several years ago before only making it half-way there.  

A bientot!

VERSE OF THE DAY - "And I sought for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the breach before me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none."  Ezekiel 22:30


1 comment:

Brittany said...

I am so jealous! Not of the Dave Grohl haircut (you can have that all to yourself) but because of the Passion conference. It should be Exxcellent.

Glad to see you're still among the land of the living - even after the terrifying student strike :)