It was a normal day in France...whatever that means. I was sitting in French class trying to learn my new mother tongue when a grève started outside. A grève is a strike. Here in France there are strikes a couple of times a month, maybe once a week. Today, there was a strike about the size of classes for students. Supposedly, they had gotten rid of some classes and joined classes together that would have like 35 students per class. This is unacceptable....I guess. So, what they do is tell the police they are going to have a strike, pick the most important road in the city, and then the police block it off for them. Next, instead of going to work, they all walk down the streets yelling stuff and showing their banners. I suppose we have these in the U.S. but the police don't help and we usually don't have them in the street in the middle of a workday.
I wish I had my camera to take a picture. It would have been great! There were even flares! Us pyromaniacs love flares. It is like a big sparkler.
ALSO - why America should watch Euro 08 (June 7-29)! CLICK
HERE.
2 comments:
the French crack me up. the fact that they strike ALL the time is funny enough but then the fact that they strike so much the police actually help them is hillarious!
what is also very funny is that you three English speaking guys were trying to speak French to get a football game together. Gotta love it when the world comes together. lol!
ciao :)
Hey Del! It's Julia...It looks like you're commenting with a different blog than your blog from France. Weird. Glad to see you blogging more!!! It's a fun hobby :)
Post a Comment