Thursday, May 29, 2008

Maroon 5 in Marseille

Wednesday night,  Maroon 5 played a free concert here.  It was located down at the port.  We tried to get there early.  It was 7:30 when we took our spots about 50 feet back from the stage.  So, we had a hour to burn.  Luckily, Longino and Montana went to get snacks while Melody, Tiffany, and I guarded our "area."  It started to rain and everybody broke out their umbrellas.  It wasn't that bad though.  It kind of added to the atmosphere.  Everybody all covered up underneath their umbrellas and enjoying a little refreshment from God.  

Before Maroon 5 graced the stage, there were two opening acts.  The main opening act was Martin Solveig who is a French DJ, singer, group.  They had a guy come out to sing with them "in English" who resembled and sounded like James Brown.  He really got us going.  I am not a huge Maroon 5 fan but since it was free.....it was amazing.  I used to listen to the CD - Songs About Jane a few years ago when it came out.  They were pretty good and the lyrics just came right back to me.  The French people around me kept looking at me because I was singing all the words and either a) sounded really bad in English or b) sounded a lot like Adam Levine.  This is an unsolved mystery.  We got home about midnight.  Not bad.  here are some photos.  I took some pretty good pictures of the band with Courtney's camera.






2 comments:

Caroline said...

GREAT PICTURES!!!!!!!


FUN
FUN
FUN
FUN
FUN
YA'LL LOOK SO CUTE OUT IN THE RAIN!!!

The Kilcoynes said...

Good Pics!