Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Coming to a Close
Hacha (Yes!),We are back in the city after a rough day in a half in the middle of the villages. The people we visited were very hospitable to us and offered us fruit, cha (tea), and many other things that were new or completely foreign to our tastebuds. We shared to a couple of huge crowds through a translator and it went well. I shared about the Prodigal Son. We left reading material for them as well. The train ride was totally different from the first train ride we took. This time no A/C, no tray tables, and no space. It was all locals and we were spread out so culture shock hit in swiftly as I was surrounded by people who didn't understand me or want to smile at me. The guest house we stayed at had no A/C, and we had mosquito nets. Either we got ate up by mosquitos or ate up by ants. The jury is out. It was also about 100 degrees in our room. I had never imagined sweating myself to sleep before. My roommate and I have bites all over our arm. But, it is good for us, because this is not America and we have tried to be like the people here as much as possible. We have had many meals of rice and dal which is what they eat most of the time. So, even though we saw no one make any decisions, it is not important. We are laying the groundwork and being obedient to His commission and love for the people of India. Tomorrow, we rest and see the other teams again. Thursday - we leave for America. I miss you all. Check back on June 2nd or so when I will start putting some of the pictures on here. I don't know when I will blog again because I will be in Charleston for a week as of Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, I fly into Charleston Friday night for my sister's graduation and then will be there in town until Thursday, June 2nd, I think.
Wow, Del - who knew two weeks could go by so fast? Will continue to pray for the seeds planted there and for God to continue to use this time to open your eyes and heart to His call and desire for you.
Please pray for my team and I as we go to Japan - I took them to the airport yesterday morning and I will follow them early Friday morning, May 27. I'll be back June 4th, so please keep us in your prayers - we'll be doing mainly campus outreach and bringing college students into the church in Fukuoka. We're going to help with the church activities of the week as well, and we will jointly be putting on a coffeehouse the day before I leave. I have been asked to be the one to share the gospel there - we're going to open it up by playing/singing "In Christ Alone." Please pray for discernment and for the hearts of the students we will meet and befriend. Hope to see you when you get back in the Ville!
-Donna
Post a Comment