Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Harvest is Plentiful...

Hello again from across the world. Thank you for your emails. They have been a cool wind to my soul in a hot place. It is 4pm here which is probably 4am Sunday morning for you. We went to William Carey's church this morning for an English service. It was awesome. If you don't know who he is, I suggest you look him up online. We met some other Americans here this afternoon as well as some other locals and foreigners from other parts of the world. We went on a long pr walk after lunch. About an hour long during the hottest part of the day. We had our hearts broken over and over again as we walked for the people here. It is very hard because no one really greets you with a smile or wants to talk to you unlike other places I have been. It kind of makes your heart hard and makes it tougher to try and smile or talk to people. You can see an emptiness in their eyes. They are just working to live and get through the day. We have seen so many different types of people and places. I will never be able to describe some of these things. Pictures may do a little but never enough. Today is our last day here as I said until the day we leave. Please pr for us as we head to another village tomorrow. We have been watching the news here as well. They have had some protests but nothing near us. We will need the pr as we go to the village tomorrow and for the people we will meet. Some may be very friendly while others may ask us again about our president and world affairs. Please pr that those who want to hear the Good News we would come into contact with and their eyes would be opened. I must go rest for now. Pr is the work. This is a HUGE country and nothing will happen by our hands only when HE intervenes and moves will things begin to happen. On the walk today, I was reading Ps 82 and Lam 3 and 5. Thank you again for the emails and your support in whatever form it comes.
Del

No comments: