Thursday, May 05, 2005

What I Am Listening To

Great Light of the World (excerpt) by Bebo Norman - very fitting

Sometimes at night
I am afraid
I cover my eyes,
Cover my shame
So here in the dark
Broken apart
Come with your light
And fill up my heart
Oh great light of the world
Fill up my soul
I’m half a man here
So come make me whole
Oh great light of the world
Come to impart
The light of your grace
To fill up my heart
The wind of this world
Can push us around
Folding us up
Backing us down
But here in the dark
I’m not alone
So come with your strength
And carry me home

Where the Trees Stand Still (by Bebo also)

Everyone it seems Is looking for the grass that's greener here And through my window pane The scenery flies by and disappears So tell to me the secret That won't let the memories fade away Until I am home again....where the trees stand still

Yesterday it seems I traveled in a younger man's clothes Living out this dream And wandering through fields of touch and go Moving on forever Watching the distance fade away But now I just want to land...where the trees stand still

All this time On this line Here then I am gone

Tonight I want a life Where the faces are the same most every day Tonight I want a wife To sit with me and watch our children play All the world between us Watching the years fade away And when the laughing's done...we'll watch the trees stand still Everyday...where the trees stand still We will make a home...where the trees stand still

No comments: