Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Where in the World?

Yes, I am still here. Finals are finally over and I feel a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders. Yet, there are only two more days until my team and I leave for the wonderful continent of Asia for 2 weeks of getting humbled. I am really excited and also scared (good scared) when I think about what we may encounter on this trip. I am excited about sharing the Good News and also scared at what we may encounter or how my world will be shaken at what God can do through sinners such as me. I feel like Paul when he said that he was the "chief of sinners." Please, please, please be praying for us. Sunday is the Day of Prayer and we will actually be in the air so it is very fitting and needful to have people praying for us before we hit the ground. This will be important to battle the evil spirits and depression that we will encounter when we step off the plane. Although I have been to Asia before I can't think that this will be like anything I have seen or witnessed before. Again, I don't want to have any expectations and be totally open to serving the missionaries and doing the work that God has for me. I will post some prayer requests on here Friday or Saturday. Check back.

1 comment:

leslie said...

get ready for the smell...and take food with you...I'll definitely be praying for you :-)