Thursday, September 01, 2005

Crimes Against Humanity in New Orleans

I am utterly shocked and amazed at the stories I hear coming out of New Orleans. People have fired shots at helicopters. Gang members are supposedly confiscating boats. These boats were rescuing people who were stuck on roofs and such. There is looting. Evidently people may have plotted to go in and loot the nicer houses and stores after the hurricane was over. I am shocked as I said but also we can't expect people that don't have a relationship with Christ to act in love for other people and respect God's law or man's law. When Hugo hit South Carolina, I don't remember anything about people looting. The one crime that I heard about was a guy going up on his roof with a water hose and then making his roof cave in with his help in order to get insurance money.

When I heard that the school would possibly take a trip down to New Orleans to help people I immediately wanted to sign up and I did that today. But it looks like it is going to be a while before anyone can go in. Now, the news is showing buildings on fire and how will they get firetrucks in there. Chaos.

Today's chapel was the best I have ever been to since I have been in school here. The link should be up in a couple of days so that you can listen to the message from Voddie Baucham. It was awesome! Here is the link http://www.sbts.edu/resources/audio/Fall2005.php . He talked about contending for the faith in Jude 1-4. Let me know what you think about all this.

Tonight my high school team plays in the first round of the ALL A Tournament. I hope we win but if we don't........ok.

5 comments:

Jason Vaughn said...

del,
That was an awesome sermon you linked too. Thanks

Spud

ckjolly said...

hey del,

sorry this has nothing to do with the above entry. But I just heard from my friend Jaymi Smith. She said for me to say hello to you. I know her from my circle of friends in Savannah, which included Chris Bosson and Bruce Baxley. I remembered seeing your blog as a link on Nikki's blog.

christine

Anonymous said...

Hey Del! Small world keeps getting smaller...Christine, a friend from Savannah, just started at Southern and I told her to give you a shout out. Hope you're doing well. Talk to you later. Jaymi

Jonathan said...

del thanks for the link. I will be checkin it out. Blessings to U
Christman

Laura said...

I have heard Voddie Baucham before! He is awesome.