Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Favorite Movie Quotes

I was watching Field of Dreams and heard one of my favorite movie quotes. Ray Liotta is playing "Shoeless" Joe Jackson and asks Kevin Costner, "Is this Heaven?" and then Kevin Costner replies, "No, it's Iowa!" (http://www.fieldofdreamsmoviesite.com/distance.html)

What are your favorite movie quotes?

Also, what are your top 5 movies?
Mine are
1. Braveheart
2. Hoosiers
3. Rudy
4. Good Will Hunting
5. Cinderella Man

Ok, I have had one comment in a week. I know people are reading so give me some energy here.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dellaune,

My favorite movies are (and in no particular order):

1) Cinderella Man
2) Prefontaine
3) The Truman Show
4) Braveheart
5) Happy Gilmore

Thank you for the diligent posting despite the (professed) lack of recent comments!

-RES

Del said...

Robbie,
Those are some great movies. Prefontaine was my inspiration when I ran cross country in high school and still gets me pumped up. I like Happy Gilmore but Dumb and Dumber is better and used to be my #1 movie. When I was a little tyke and saw Harry and Lloyd in the first movie, it was the funniest thing EVER.

Michael and Amber Vestal said...

Great to hear that Cinderella Man is popular here. I don't have a fixed list, but 5 of my favorites would be:
1. Braveheart
2. Cinderella Man
3. The Shawshank Redemption
4. The Man Who Knew Too Little (to change the genre)
5. Father of the Bride (ok, so that's actually one of Amber's favorites, but i like it, too)

Anonymous said...

i'm going to "girlify" this blog up a little bit...
1. Anne of Green Gables
2. Father of the Bride
3. The Notebook
4. Cinderella Man
5. Lord of the Rings

Jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jonathan said...

Yes, Lord of the Rings just "girlified" the heck out of this website... way to go Sarah. Anyway, I was surprised at how many of you guys like Cinderella. I mean, yeah the fat rat was funny, but... nevermind.

okay Top 5:
1. Eternal Sunshine
2. Signs
3. Garden State
3. Count of Monte Cristo
4. Pirates of the Carribbean
5. Karate Kid I and II

dwsimmons said...

Del,
I could tell you how I got to meet the President, but then I'd have to kill you. I don't want to have to do that, but I will if you want to know that badly.
Here are my top five movies:
1)Lord of the Rings
2)Saving Private Ryan
3)Braveheart
4)Hotel Rwanda
5)Remember the Titans
Daniel

dwsimmons said...

PS. Great question by the way

Russ said...

Outside of Braveheart, here's my top 5:

1) Gladiator
2) Shawshank
3) Last Samurai
4) Forest Gump
5) Christmas Vacation

I actually have about 15 movies that could make the top 5...Here's a question: Why isn't watching movies as "prestigious" as reading books? Granted, you use your imagination more in books. Yet let's give Mr. Movie Critic some props here. You can learn a lot from a good flick!

I would not be the man I am today if it weren't for William Wallace and Maximus!

Del said...

Ok, I will have to be honest here. I would rather watch a movie to reading a book any day. Isn't it cool that all guys love Braveheart. It really says something about the kind of men we want to be.

I would suppose that movies are not as prestigious because they are kind of a cheap form of books. They usually are made from books and scale the story down and make it more pleasing to the eye by adding stuff that isn't a part of it. I would say that a lot of times movies go a lot deeper to hitting home than some books do.

Also, some guys like me just tend to lean more to the traditional/oral culture rather than the literate culture. I know this is random and all over the place. that is all for now. Thanks for the posts.

Anonymous said...

Del, I'm surprised nobody listed tombstone the greatest movie of all time, hands down.

1) tombstone
2) gladiator
3) braveheart
4) lord of the rings
5) Matrix

Wayne

leslie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
leslie said...

Del,
1) I liked your old picture better

2)I don't know if I can get my top movies down to 5, but these are some that I like:
-Lord of the Rings triology (extended version)
-Miracle
-Fever Pitch
-Hoosiers
-Back to the Future 1 & 2 (we all know the 3rd one was a joke)
pretty much any sports movie or epic is good :-)

Leslie's Blog

Del said...

Clint,
I don't know who you are but thanks for the comments. I can not believe that you don't like Braveheart. That is kind of scary, no offense. It is the manliest of all movies. I guess you don't like Mel Gibson for one. I don't see how Jerry Maguire is better than Braveheart. Are you kidding me?? Those are some weird picks man. I guess we won't suspect you for cloning any of us and our movie picks. (ha ha)

Mark said...

Not in numerical order.

1. Hoosiers
2. The Sandlot
3. The Patriot (The "American" Braveheart:)
4. Return of the King
5. Billy Madison (I would not recommend this movie anymore, but for years it never failed to make me laugh).

Michael and Amber Vestal said...

I'm happy Billy Madison made someone's list. Although, I feel the exact same way about it. Thanks for giving it honorable mention :) -Amber

Anonymous said...

1. Home Alone
2. Old School
3. The Mighty Ducks
4. Billy Madison
5. Anchorman

yes...i am a very deep thinker.

Mr. Jenkins said...

you can tell about a person by the movies they like.

Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

Hm...favorite movies...in no particular order:

Remember the Titans
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (SO funny)
Martin Luther
Goonies
The Great Dictator (Charlie Chaplin)

Julianne said...

Hey, found your site from Leslie's. I guess mine would be:

Braveheart
Pride & Prejudice (to balance out all the testosterone from the one above)
Count of Monte Cristo
Les Miserables
My Best Friend's Wedding

Nick Nye said...

yes- tombstone should be at the top of more lists.

Anonymous said...

Forrest Gump is the best movie of all time to date followed by:
Deliverance
Tin Cup
Happy Gilmore
The Godfather

Scooter said...

I have a hard time choosing favorites (of anything, not just movies), but here are my top 5 movies at the moment (in no particular order):

1. Spirited Away
2. BASEketball
3. Dumb and Dumber
4. The Godfather
5. LOTR: Return of the King

Del said...

My sister Stephanie told me her 5 favorite movies are

Forrest Gump, French Kiss, Dumb and Dumber, Bio Dome, and Stand By Me.

I love Stand By Me. My sister, my brother and I used to always quote Dumb and Dumber and everyone thought we were so weird.

Her blog is linked on the side.

Anonymous said...

order In particular no:

1) Fargo
2) Batman Begins
3) Unbreakable (They call me Mr. Glass...)
4) The Transformers: The Movie (No, Optimus, you can't die!)
5)Gremlins 2: The New Batch (a cheeseball movie, but it gets me rolling).

I know. I'm weird.