Wow! I have been watching this confirmation hearing of Judge Roberts in parts. I am so amazed by this proceeding. Yesterday, I got to see the man I voted for, Sen. Lindsey Graham from the great state of South Carolina talk in the hearing. He did a very good job. Today, Sen. Kennedy and Sen. Biden went all out in their time with Judge Roberts. They tried to trick him, paint him into a corner, argue, and not even let him answer the question they asked. Sen. Biden spent about 8 minutes before he even got a question out and then kept interrupting the Judge. If you aren't watching any of this, I would highly recommend that you try to. It is very historic. I also think that it is going to get even more heated. It has been 11 years since there has been a confirmation hearing for a Supreme Court nominee. Here is a good link. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/12/AR2005091200916_pf.html
This is definitely a war. There are war rooms. The chairman of the committee is having to pull senators off of him. Due to the 55-45 majority in the Senate, the Democrats are trying to sway some of the Senators on their side. This would be very difficult for them to do. I will keep you posted.
In Soccer News.....
My team plays another game today against Atherton High School in an away game. Today, the Champions League starts up. Liverpool plays Real Betis on ESPN2 at 2:30PM. Tomorrow, Manchester United (my favorite team in the WORLD) plays Villareal in Spain (ESPN2, 2:30pm).
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Del, I'm right there with you about the John Roberts thing! It's crazy how these people are acting. I think they forget what it's all about...wait a second, they think it's all about them :-)
Post a Comment