Monday, September 12, 2005
We Won the Game!!!!!
I am a JV head soccer coach at a local private high school here in Louisville. Today, I coached my first game as a head coach. The game started at 5:30pm. Before the game, we had a good warmup and exercises to get the guys in gear. The first half was horrid. We had like 20 shots (exaggeration) in the first half but they were all blocked. Everyone was trying to score. So, at halftime I tried to settle them down. I told them to come out of the blocks and get a tying goal to start and then we would go from there. We got the tying goal rather quickly. Next thing you know we were up 4-1 and I was trying to get them to not pull the trigger as much. The forward on the other team wanted to come out because he was frustrated with the defense. I just told the team to pass the ball around. Get the whole team to come into the offense. Well, we ended up winning 5-1 and I was pleased. I am hoping that we go undefeated in JV this season. We play the same team a week from Wednesday. We have two varsity games now this week. One on Tuesday and one on Thursday. I will keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment